mercredi 15 août 2018

Is it 2018 yet? ... Oh boy!

Hello everyone!
That's it, i m back in my blog for the year 2018 but don't worry even if i didn't post I did some paintings.
So, here i am trying to catch up time, i did some chaos and more progress on my borderprinces army.

My first post of 2018 will be about my chaos army.

Ogres!
I completed two units of ogres, a big one of 10 and a smaller one of 6.
 

This unit consist mostly of the mercenaries ogres from the red period. There are 5 of them. Two of them are Fenryll ogres, they're in resin and very light. Two are Bob Olleys sculpt, really lovely sculpts. And the final one, the champion is a two headed troll from reaper.
I bought it 15 years ago in the USA. It took me so many years to have him painted. That s an awesome sculpt.

 The champion and the banner. They know how to spell Khorne and write it on their flag. I painted a chaos star on the shoulderpad of the third guy.

These four guys look tough. The third guy from the left, i got it for several years too. This unit allowed me to complete models who last too much time in the painting queue.

Here are the two Fenryll miniatures. The left one is the city ogre and the other is the field ogre. They fit really well with the others, i really like the final look of this unit.

Then comes the other unit, the smaller one. 

Five of them are Jess Godwin ogres the final one is an other Bob Olleys sculpt. They all look kinda like gladiators or savage ogres. 

The Bob's one is one of my favorite. I tried to make the Strattos god of war's tatoos. It's something i like to paint on my miniatures. The middle one is the ogre from the warhammer roleplay book, it s a cult miniature. The left one must be touched by chaos, he got a horn one the middle of his head.

These guys are cool too. The shaman was already shown in my previous posts but anyway. I painted a tatoo on the back of the middle one but i forgot to take it in photo. The right one was the last ogre i painted. Such a nostalgy... My last ogre.

Then i took care of my last 4 trolls. One of them is the King of Troll!

King ot trolls coming through!!!

Two of the trolls are from the old citadel line, Grog stuntycruncher and Skutllescree Soresmeer. They re classic miniatures. The big one is a Bob Olley's sculpt, he s kinda huge. I bought it to the guy who has the mould. Finally the last one is a swamp troll by reaper miniature. He s also a Bob sculpt.

Here they are all together in a flashy crappy picture. It s a big unit of 20 trolls. Héhé, so silly ...

After that, when i getting bored of painting big units, i m going back to paint some heroes. 

This little cabal of warlocks consists of the warhammer quest chaos sorcerer, a chaos magister, some iron face mask mage (i already showed it i think), a purple sorcerer and nurgle magus.
They 're all really cool sculpts. I still have three to paint.

This guy is a chaos spawn from Knightmare miniatures by Dieggo Serrate. Its coming right from the book Realm of chaos. When i saw it, I instantanetly recognize it and i said to myself "must get it"
Well at least, it didn't last long on the painting queue.


Then i took care of a chaos lord centaur. This guy is from the marauder line if i remember correctly. I had to use greenstuff to link the horse body to the man body. But in the end, it looks pretty good. He s far bigger than the citadel centaurs i have but he s a lord so i m cool with it.

Here we can see his left side and his shield. It s an old marauder beastman shield. It completes well the miniature and adds to him a little greek side.
After that, i needed to advance the other units and i jumped on my dogs which were easy and quick to paint. 
Woua woua!!!

I tried to give them more or less natural skin tones. This miniatures are really cool but i m not really passionate by dogs or horses.

So when i have to paint some of them, i m not wasting to much time and try to speed them in order to go with miniatures more interesting.

Finally to finish my first post of 2018, here is my Nurgle warriors unit. I already showed them on Facebook but not individually so here they are:

Have at THEE!!!

This unit of 20 guys was the fruit of miniatures gathering which last several years.

Here is the command group. The champion is a heartbreaker miniature, the spear snapped when i got him and so i replaced it with a bestigor axe. The banner got his polearm removed and i put a plaguebearer banner. The one on the left is so cool. In the unit I got 8 of the 11 Jess Godwin's Nurgle Champions. 
On the left is a big favorite of all oldhammer fans. The champion with the Jezzail! Surprisingly he s not officially associated with Nurgle. The one of the right is also a heartbreaker warrior, I like his pose.

 Here are two more classic champions. The guy with the flail is more associated with Slaanesh (boob ..) but i painted him as a Nurgle one. Finally, the beastman skeleton looks good amongst his nurgle brethrens.
The last members of the unit look good too. This unit really helped me to practice my colours, the green of the rusty effects were something new to me. The middle one is really fun with his troll like face and the flyhead guy must be in every Nurgle's army.

To battle!!! Nurgleth acso daak!

It would be cool to get the last three champions from Jess. But unfortunatly, even if the two guys with tech weapons can be found pretty easily, the one named "axe " is practicly impossible to find. I saw him getting sold for 100 € or something ... Well, all men can dream.
Here he is. The champion impossibreu to find.

Ok guys, it s all my first post of the year. I hope you found it interesting and appreciated my paintings. For my next post, i will show more from my borderprinces army which received more reinforcements!
Thanks for reading and until next time!





2 commentaires:

  1. Superbe armée, que des belles pieces 😄 la peau des ogres en gris est une tres bonne idee.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Salut Nico, merci pour ton commentaire. Je ne sais pas si tu as remarqué mais le sorcier avec le masque de fer a des couleurs qui doivent t'être familières?
      Héhé, je me suis 100% inspiré du tien que tu as utilisé avec ton autel du chaos. :)

      Supprimer